Il Kiostro is a historic 350 year old expertly converted Maltese farmhouse, retaining all its original features and charm. Authentic features include arches, beams, xorok, kileb, niches, nooks and Maltese flagstones. Stefano Zerafa, a Maltese academic of the 1800’s and the person who discovered the Maltese national plant Widnet il-Bahar lived in this house.
This home is impeccably furnished to high standards. It houses 3 guest bedrooms all with an en-suite shower, a large hall with a sitting and a dining area, a picturesque authentic mill room that serves as living quarters, a beautiful outdoor area with pool and Jacuzzi a lovely sun terrace and an internal yard which contains a Maltese herb garden.
Large hall with sitting area and a large dining area
Large mill room (with fireplace) that serves as living quarters with cable TV with 140 channels and video on demand + 100mbps internet with wifi and a kitchen and casual dining area. (kitchen appliances include a large refrigerator and freezer, a large oven and hob, microwave over, kettle and toaster. Kitchen utensils are all brand new and the pans are all non stick water-less.
Internal court yard that has access from the hall and the living room.. The internal yard has a pretty herb garden.
The main outdoor area is a nice garden with pool and jacuzzi a BBQ facilities, a space for Al Fresco dining, a stone canopy to create shade in summer since the pool area is very sunny and an additional sun terrace built over the stone canopy.
- Bedroom 1 double bed + baby crib + ensuite shower
- Bedroom 2 X3 single beds + ensuite shower
- Bedroom 3 - master bedroom with en-suite and private patio
- All bedrooms overlook the pool area
- Shops within walking distance:
- South Dive - Scuba Diving Centre
- Step In Shop - mini market
- Bronja Pharmacy
- The Fruit Tree green grocer and vegetable store
- Chef Choice - Butcher & frozen goods
- Arragosta - Fish Shop
- The Bubble shop Detergent & Soap store
- Cassar Supermarket
- Pet Stop - Pet Shop
- La Principessa Pastizzeria
- Dee's Pizzeria 3M Take Away
- Bank Of Valletta 3 minutes away
- HSBC Bank 4 minutes away
- Bus stop Inglott (just 1 min walk)
- Village Core - 5 minutes walk
- Drive to the Zurrieq Valley promenade - 5 minutes.
Zurrieq is located 1.5 km away from the coast line. The closest beach (rocky) is on the promenade of the Zurrieq Valley. Close by attractions include the BLUE GROTTO where one could take a boat trip to visit the natural caves, Hagar Qim Temples, Mnajdra Temples, Hal Saflieni Temples and the underground Hypogeum (advance bookings are recommended for the Hypogeum). Valletta the capital city is just a 20 minutes drive away. The 18-hole Royal Malta Golf Club and Tennis courts are just 9 km away. Other close by attractions - Xarolla windmill, Ghar Dalam, Marsaxlokk fish market.
Restaurants, cafes and bars: Zurrieq Valley, Ghar Lapsi Bay, Malta International Airport.
The nearest bus stop is Inglott an it is only 1 minute away.