Lovely 2 bedroom Maisonette set in the heart of Kalkara. Positioned to enjoy the proximity to cafes, restaurants and the Birgu marina waterfront with many super yachts on display.
Accommodation includes an open plan living room, kitchen/dining, where one can enjoy views of the Kalkara Church dome. 2 Double bedrooms and a private shower compliment this property.
The property is located in a private cul de sac.
Property can accommodate a maximum of 5 pax. A sofa bed for the 5th person is available in the living area.
Just One minute away from the apartment next to the Marina you will find a children's playground. If travelling with kids, Esplora Interactive Science Centre is located only 7 minutes away on foot. Rinella Bay (A Small Sandy Beach) is only 15 minutes away.
Mini-market, shops, bars, restaurants, cafes & bus stop are within walking distance from the Town House.
A 10-minute stroll takes you into the historic city of Vittoriosa (Birgu) and the Birgu marina waterfront. Here you will find a wide choice of restaurants and cafes that are open for both lunch and dinner, offering alfresco dining. The relaxing ambiance is like no other, and the beautiful architecture surrounding you is ideal for a pleasant meal with friends, an evening stroll or business meetings.
Valletta (Malta's Capital City) is easily accessible using the Ferry Service or Local Boats from the marina. The Ferry stop is a mere 15-minute walk from the property. The beautiful journey takes about 10 min.
Diving is a possibility and can be arranged with local diving teachers. There's even a wreck just opposite in Kalkara creek.
Malta International Airport is located only 25 minutes by car or taxi.
Ideal for Families, Couples or a Group of Friends.
- Air-conditioning in Livign room and both Bedrooms
- 40" TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Washing Machine
- Dish Washer
- Free Wifi
Buses are easy and cheap to use and the bus stop is located 2 minutes away from the Town House. We can also organise a car rental and airport transfers.
Kalkara, looking over the Grand Harbour
Kalkara is a small town with an area of 1.75km2 and a population of around 3,000 people. Kalkara is located in the Eastern part of Malta and it looks over the Grand Harbour. The town gets its name from the Calce, lime in Italian, since there was a lime kiln present there during the Roman times. Kalkara has two bays leading to the Grand Harbour known as Rinella Bay and Kalkara Creek and two peninsulas called Bighi and Ricasoli.
Historians believe that the Kalkara area was was the first to be inhabited when the first people came to Malta from Sicily. The inlets seem to be adequate shelter from the heavy storms of the Mediterranean Sea. Kalkara is known for boat building, in particular, the Maltese dghajsa and barklori. The locals participate actively in the traditional boat races, known as the regattas, building their own boats.
The first stone of the current Parish Church was laid on the 13th October, 1946, after the previous one was destroyed in the Second World War. The church was designed on a neo-classical style by Vincenzo Bonello and Joseph D’Amato. The titular statue of St. Joseph is a wooden masterpiece that was created by the famous artist Ferdinando Stuflesser in Bolzano. The church was further adorned throughout the years; in 1953, Loreto Mintoff donated an exceptional high-altar made of marble, while the marble pulpit, the marble pavement and the Via Sacra were added along the years.
Kalkara: Things to do and see
- Fort Ricasoli
- Villa Bighi
- Villa Portelli
- Esplora Interactive Science Centre
Birgu, one of the Three Cities of Malta
Birgu, or Cittá Vittoriosa is one of the oldest city on the Island, and it played an important role in the Siege of Malta in 1565. 2,633 people inhabit the 0.5 km2 city located on the south side of the Grand Harbour. Birgu was once a main city and has a long history of military and maritime activities.
Birgu’s position in the Grand harbour was of great importance and several military leaders wanted to take over the city. Therefore, the Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans Byzantines, Arabs, Normans and the Aragonese all shaped and developed Birgu. Yet, no one did more for the city than the Knights of St. John, who arrived to Malta in 1530 and made Birgu the capital of Malta.
Birgu is a unique city surrounded by fortified walls, ancient history, monuments and places that one can visit. The entrance to Birgu is via the Couvre Porte, while the parish church is dedicated to St. Lawrence, whose feast is celebrated annually on the 10th of August. Brass bands clubs, processions and fireworks are among the attractions in such festivities.
Birgu: Things to do and see
There is another church dedicated to Our Lady of the Annunciation and is run by the Dominican Order. It is also known as St. Dominic Church, and a smaller feast is celebrated every last Sunday of August.
- The Parish Church
- Inquisitor’s Palace
- Malta Maritime Museum
- Notre Dame Gate
- Malta at War Museum
- Fort St. Angelo